Danbooru

Tattoo Consistency

Posted under Tags

The bulk update request #11968 has been rejected.

create alias tattoo_on_arm -> arm_tattoo
create alias tattoo_on_shoulder -> shoulder_tattoo
create alias tattoo_on_neck -> neck_tattoo
create alias tattoo_on_hips -> hip_tattoo
create alias tattoo_on_cheek -> cheek_tattoo
create alias tattoo_on_forehead -> forehead_tattoo
create alias tattoo_on_foot -> foot_tattoo
create alias tattoo_on_breast -> breast_tattoo
create alias tattoo_on_chest -> chest_tattoo
create alias tattoo_on_leg -> leg_tattoo
create alias tattoo_on_hand -> hand_tattoo
create alias tattoo_on_finger -> finger_tattoo
create alias tattoo_on_back -> back_tattoo
create alias tattoo_on_stomach -> stomach_tattoo

So, there's a lot of tattoo tags that are kinda confusing? I figure this I'm guessing we're going with the format of arm tattoo. Some of these are simply utility aliases, so people stop making tags like tattoo on hips.

If you believe these should be reversed (for ex. arm tattoo -> tattoo on arm), please just let me know and I can change this.

Also, I know it'll be brought up: yes, some of these tags have very few posts or even none at all yet. But this would not only help move those posts to more uniform names but help prevent people from making similar mistakes in the future. The fact the already existing tags of these already exist prove that this is a mistake that will likely continue to happen.

sadodere said:

No.

Ideally it would be like bandaid on cheek, bandaid on forehead, and bandaid on nose, all of which implicate bandaid on face.

Bandaids are a lot different from tattoos. We already have facial tattoo, we don't necessarily need thirty tags for every individual named body part that could be tattooed. It would be ridiculous to have things like cheek tattoo, nose tattoo, chin tattoo, and so on, especially since tattoos are less standard than bandaids and could cover multiple places at the same time.

At a certain point, it just becomes tag padding.

I think these tags can be compared to the scar tags. So these aliases make sense as some people might expect these tags to be named in a similar way.
I've been wanting to sit down and ask for something similar for a while so thanks for doing this.

Admiral_Pectoral said:

I think these tags can be compared to the scar tags. So these aliases make sense as some people might expect these tags to be named in a similar way.
I've been wanting to sit down and ask for something similar for a while so thanks for doing this.

Yes, for sure; if this one is accepted, we should probably try to do something similar for the scar tags.

Admiral_Pectoral said:

Most of those tags have already gotten their aliases already though. I would know since I asked for them

Ah, I'm happy those ones were approved! I was conflicted on if I should have the tags set up as, for example, tattoo on arm instead of arm tattoo. I figured for these ones it would be more fitting to have the neck bell/hair bell layout? But please let me know if this is wrong, I've realized these layouts are used interchangeably often.

sadodere said:

Ah, I'm happy those ones were approved! I was conflicted on if I should have the tags set up as, for example, tattoo on arm instead of arm tattoo. I figured for these ones it would be more fitting to have the neck bell/hair bell layout? But please let me know if this is wrong, I've realized these layouts are used interchangeably often.

Yeah the more I think about it the more I think that sounds a bit better for tattoos. Don't worry about it too much, if there's any problems they can addressed here and you could just edit the BUR accordingly. I appreciate you taking the time to do these BURs on general tags that could use them.

Rejecting this because I'm making changes to autocomplete that will make these kinds of reverse word order aliases unnecessary. If you type "tattoo" you will see all tags containing the word "tattoo". If you type "stomach" you will see all tags containing the word "stomach". You can test this on Betabooru.

Reversing them to arm tattoo -> tattoo on arm would be more consistent with other tags like mole_on_*, scar_on_*, bandaid_on_* etc, but there are still exceptions like pubic tattoo that don't work very well in this format.

evazion said:

Rejecting this because I'm making changes to autocomplete that will make these kinds of reverse word order aliases unnecessary. If you type "tattoo" you will see all tags containing the word "tattoo". If you type "stomach" you will see all tags containing the word "stomach". You can test this on Betabooru.

Reversing them to arm tattoo -> tattoo on arm would be more consistent with other tags like mole_on_*, scar_on_*, bandaid_on_* etc, but there are still exceptions like pubic tattoo that don't work very well in this format.

Sounds good! I had the same thought process... tattoo on pubic area could technically work, but it's much longer.

evazion said:

Rejecting this because I'm making changes to autocomplete that will make these kinds of reverse word order aliases unnecessary. If you type "tattoo" you will see all tags containing the word "tattoo". If you type "stomach" you will see all tags containing the word "stomach". You can test this on Betabooru.

I hope this means we'll be able to rename some of the clunkier tags, like baton (conducting).

1