Granblue Fantasy (グランブルーファンタジー Guranburuu Fantajii), officially abbreviated as Granblue (グラブル Guraburu), is a mobile turn-based RPG by Cygames, with a Japanese-only release in March 2014, and an English-language release in April 2016. The official anime released in 2017, followed by a second season in 2019.
The gameplay is heavily reliant on the player's summons and weapons obtained from the gacha system and from in-game raids. The player can equip a maximum of ten weapons and five summons at a time and this is generally referred to as the "weapon grid" and "summon pool".
Granblue is infamous for its competitive week-long event (Guild Wars/Unite & Fight/古戦場) where players farm chunks of meat and try to score more points than their opponent crew for hours at a time. Art is occasionally drawn depicting this in game event, one example being post guild war celebrations.
Most characters in Granblue Fantasy are divided into 5 races.
- Human. Most characters fall into this.
- Erune, whose notable features are their animal ears and clothing that expose their backs.
- Harvin, dwarf sized humanoids.
- Draph, humanoids with prominent horns on their heads. Males are tall and muscular, while females are noticeably shorter than the average person, while having big breasts.
- Primal. Primal beasts are creatures that were crafted by the Astral beings long ago. A good number of them (usually humanoid) end up joining the player's crew for one reason or another.
The player is represented by either Gran or Djeeta based on their gender selection and this can be changed at any time. The player may also change their class at any time which also changes their costume.
Major story characters include:
- Official Granblue Fantasy Twitter (Japanese)
- Granblue Fantasy Wiki (EN)
- Granblue Fantasy Wiki (JP)
- Wikipedia: Granblue Fantasy