From forum #85248: The Danbooru 2 discussion thread is 42 pages long now, has many different topics in it, none of which are on the actual moving to 2booru, and I'm not willing to read the whole thing to find every discussion I want to follow or participate in. That's what threads are for.
Moving pool bar to the bottom is just another failure from the point of new danbooru UI, and again it's not question of feeling - it's an objective fact.
Moving pool browser to the top left (as it was at the begining) was only slightly worse than top bar: it stayed in place (very good) but it's harder to return to click if you went away with pointer to browse translations (for example).
Putting pool bar at the bottom is the worst solution from these three. If you do browse pool using it, then with every post you need to focus on finding the next/prev buttons as you don't have slightest idea where these buttons can be this time. Disaster.
Removing the pool info from the top of an image has long been requested on the forums.
- The large attention-drawing bar at the top became a problem when images were added to several pools.
- Images in several pools shift the whole web page up and down, which makes skimming through a pool and tabbed browsing very annoying. Parent/Child notices still do this and I hope they get moved to the side bar where pools were.
- The >> arrows blacking-out reveals that you're on the last page, before you've read the comic, which I sometimes disliked. I'd rather the story tell me I'm at the end, not danbooru's UI.
- When only using the mouse, getting the the bottom of a comic, then having to scroll back to the top, is annoying. The solution was to turn on quick-search and type >>, which I liked but I can imagine not everyone (particularly chrome users) disliking.
- Wanting to move back and forth through the pool quickly is now solved with the arrow keys (although not really due to a bug).
Though, the real problem here was images being part of more than one pool, which 99% of the time, was due to these "collections" pools, which I still advocate should be their own colour of tag, especially now that tags are grouped together.
Edit: However, I do sympathise that the new UI is not so great if you're only using a mouse, and the old pool UI certainly looked cleaner, so ideally there'd be a setting to hide the pool info at the bottom. However, wherever it is, it should definitely say:
<< My Pool >>, not «next pool:My Pool prev»
Updated by Zelinkokitsune