The butt resting on a surface (often a chair, couch, or bench), possibly in addition to the legs or feet. For a position with the knees on the floor, use kneeling (except with seiza below).
- post #3279793 (left to right: yokozuwari, butterfly sitting, wariza, hugging own legs)
- post #2866134 (left to right: indian style, seiza, knees up, wariza, hidden, crossed ankles)
- butterfly sitting: Rump on floor, knees splayed, soles of feet joined together.
- seiza: Rump on legs, both legs below body.
- wariza: Rump on floor, legs bent back on either side.
- yokozuwari: Rump on floor, legs both to the same side.
- crossed legs: Rump on chair, one leg on top of the other at the knee.
- Indian style: Rump on floor, legs crossed at the ankles like a pretzel.
- lotus position: like Indian style, but with feet placed on opposite thighs with soles facing upward and heels close to the abdomen.
- sitting backwards: in a chair, facing the backrest.
- sitting sideways: in a chair, facing the side.
- figure four sitting: in a chair, the ankle or calf of one leg resting on the knee of the other.
- sitting on lap
- sitting on person
- sitting on desk
- sitting in tree
- sitting on object
- sitting on stairs
- on floor
- invisible chair
The following tags are aliased to this tag: sit and sitting_down (learn more).
The following tags implicate this tag: indian_style, invisible_chair, seiza, sitting_backwards, sitting_in_tree, sitting_on_box, sitting_on_desk, sitting_on_object, sitting_on_person, sitting_on_stairs, sitting_on_table, wariza, and yokozuwari (learn more).