Character from Umamusume.
A bubbly yet surpisingly normal girl with a long name and a cute catchphrase. Due to her clumsiness or poor luck, she often get nosebleeds. "Machitan" is a member of Team Canopus in the anime, being effectively the optimistic klutz of the team. She is also take notes in her efforts to become better.
She has medium-length chestnut brown hair with a single white strand on her bangs and wears hairclips to her left temple, a ribbon on the back of her hair and a cabbie hat skewered by her right ear, the same ear having some piercings.
“I have a feeling it's going to work this time!”
Optimist and friendly, she's like an idol who's loved by everyone. Called "Omachi-chan" in her hometown. However, she feels that she is 'too ordinary', and deems that as a flaw. She works very hard to change her ordinary self for the sake of her friends.
- She, along with the original horse, is named after Tannhäuser, (most likely) the opera by Wagner. This is the reason for her german-style racing outfit.
- Just like Matikanefukukitaru (umamusume), her real life counterpart has the same long name. While this is supposed to be "Machikane Tannhauser", this is shortened to "Matikanetannhauser" because of a maximum 18 letter limit on the international rules for racehorse names. Machikane/Matikane is a kanmei and many of the owner's horses have limit-filling names like these.
- Ei, ei, mun! - Her catchphrase.
- Team Canopus:
- Matikanefukukitaru - Roommate (In RL, they were of the same owner, and spent their final years at the same farm)
- Akikawa Yayoi - Supporter? Which adds the implication that she is Northern Taste, as she is Tannhauser's RL Sire