activ8's virtual talent support 'group', supporting independently-affiliated Virtual Talent in exchange for a portion of their earnings.
Spearheaded by Kizuna Ai, with folks even joining squarely because of her, until April 2020, when she was spun-off into her own autonomous subsidiary.
After two years since beginning in June 2018, it was announced, on November 1st, 2020, that the project would disband on December 31st, 2020.
Due to upd8's nature as merely a support group, and not an actual company, much of the talent associated with upd8 just handled themselves, if not by different companies.
Talent that was at some point part of upd8 in rough chronological order
Departures/retirements listed if they occurred under upd8. Groups and channels with multiple characters receive their own copytag.
- Osanai Mei
- Omega Rei and Omega Rio / Omega Sisters
- Kizuna Ai (departed in April 2020)
- Hanamure Chinaki, Sorae, Tsunowane Akagi and Toritoi // Tenmoku Doushin Project
- Yuen Aya and Yuen Mina / AyaMina Games (retired in December 2018)
- YuNi / YuNi Channel (departed in August 2020 for TOY'S FACTORY)
- Oda Nobuhime (retired in April 2020)
- Cafe no Zombi-ko (retired in March 2020)
- Nijikawa Laki
- Kashiko Mari
- Hibiki Ao
- Kasukabe Tsukushi
- Mitsuki Neu
- Nora Cat / Nora Cat Channel
- KITSUNEKON / K'WA
- AniMare (departed in April 2020)
- Honey Strap (departed in April 2020)
- Shiotenshi Riel & Hakatahime Diana / Miginaname/
- Utai Meika
- Yamikumo Kerin / Koko wa, Shinrin Kaitaku Honbu! ~Yousei no Genkai Shuuraku~
- Anjou & Kousaka / MonsterZ MATE
- Fukuya Master
- Haruka Mikoto, Otohane Lara, Sanpaku Yukko / Utagoe Housoubu
- AZKi / Hololive
- Kimino Miya / Hanjo TV
- Shibuya Hal / Neo-Porte
- Magrona / Magrona Channel
- Tomari Mari